Chromecast Extension Download: With Chromecast, users can easily enjoy their favorite movies, TV shows, photos, and websites from YouTube, Google Play, Chrome and more on their televisions. They can choose from over about 200,000 TV shows and movies, 30 million songs, plus radio, sports, games, and more. Chromecast works with devices that users already own, including Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones and iPads, Windows and Mac laptops, and also the Chromebook Pixel on the Google Pixel phone.
The best part is that there is no remote required. Users will be able to browse for entertainment and movies, control the playback, and also adjust the volume using their respective smartphones, tablets, or laptops. Chromecast does all the heavy lifting for users, thereby making it a serious force to reckon with considering the other technologies that have been developed. It automatically updates itself to work with a growing number of apps and provides users with the latest version of the Chromecast software.
Chromecast Extension Download – User Guide:
- Step 1: Plug in the Chromecast device – Users can plug in the device to the TV and then connect the USB power cable to the Chromecast. Then they can either plug the other end of the USB power cable into an open USB port on the TV OR into the included power adapter which they can then plug into a power outlet, preferably an AC Adapter.
- Step 2: Connect the Chromecast device – Users should double-check that the Chromecast and the mobile device, tablet, or laptop they are using to set up Chromecast with are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Step 3: Download the Google Home app – Users can download the Google Home app on their mobile device, tablet, or laptop.
- Step 4: Set up the Chromecast.
- Step 5: Cast content – Users can learn how to cast from Chrome to their TV or cast from Chromecast enabled apps to the TV.
Getting started with Chromecast:
Users can get started with the Chromecast procedure immediately after the installation is done. All the requirements are given below:
- A Chromecast device is the latest version of the Google Home app. A display device, preferably with an HDMI input. For example, a high-definition television (HDTV).
- Quick Access to an available power outlet and a secure wireless network (Wi-Fi).
- The device should meet all the minimum operating system requirements in order to run the Google Home app smoothly.
- There must be regular access to a secure wireless network which should be preferably password protected, to avoid any third party interference.
- For Chromecast (1st generation), connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G network is necessary, for Chromecast (2nd Generation), connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4/5G network is necessary, and for Chromecast Ultra, connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 5G network is required.
- A compatible Android or iOS device or tablet, or Mac, Windows or Chromebook computer is required.
- The availability and performance of certain features, may not be available in all areas and subscriptions may be required for the same. Additional terms & condition, charges may apply in certain cases as well.
Requirements for Chromecast devices:
Given below are the minimum Operating System (OS) requirements for Chromecast devices:
1. Mobile devices operating system (OS) requirements – Users can use the Google Home app on all compatible mobile devices to set up Chromecast (both versions), Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, and also to set up TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in.
2. The Google Home app is compatible with mobile devices running an Android version of 4.1 and higher, and also iOS 8 and higher.
3. The Google home app is not required to set up the cast from computers. Computer operating system (OS) requirements – Users can set up Chromecast (both versions), Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, and TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in on a computer, and this requires a Wi-fi connected computer/laptop having an operating system of Mac Osx 10.9 or higher, Windows 7 and higher versions of the same or Chromebook OS version 53.
Given below are all the hardware and broadband requirements in order to view 4K or Ultra HD content on Chromecast Ultra. Users can view 4K and Ultra HD content using chrome cast Ultra and the devices must meet the following requirements:
For 4K content, users need a 4K-capable TV and a high-speed internet connection (at least 25 Mbps). For HDR content, users will need an HDR-capable TV. The length of the content, the internet service provider’s network availability over time and other factors can impact the user’s Internet speed greatly, and therefore Chromecast Ultra’s ability to show content in the best possible resolution is the best option in this case. Users can get more information about streaming Ultra HD content with Chromecast Ultra from the website. Users can also learn about the technical specifications for Chromecast devices by reading the Chromecast specifications manual that comes with the device itself.
Installation Procedure for Chromecast:
- Chromecast: The Chromecast can be plugged into any HDMI port on the TV. It basically uses the existing Wi-Fi network to stream any video from the internet to the User’s TV. A Chromecast can also be controlled from devices, which are using the same Wi-Fi network, such as smartphones, tablets, or computers. It is mainly powered using the USB cable.
- USB Cable: The USB cable provides power to the Chromecast device. One end plugs into the Chromecast, and the other end plugs into either a USB port on the TV or the main power supply.
- Power supply: The power supply is optional, and can be used with the USB cable to power the Chromecast, just in case the TV does not have a USB port.
- HDMI Extender: The HDMI extender is optional. It can mainly be used if the Chromecast does not fit directly into the TV. The Google Cast app can also be recommended to users, mainly to improve the Wi-Fi reception. It can be attached to the Chromecast and the TV.