Chromecast Setup: The world of entertainment was never so much of fun and was neither so Live ever (literally!) With the advent of smart televisions, the entertainment industry is offering everything Live on the platter and streaming whatever you can ask for, from your favorite shows, series, movies, songs, games and much more. For those of you who do not have a smart TV, it’s not the time to get disappointed; it’s time to get Google Chromecast!
Chromecast is a sleek, unique media streaming device from Google that can easily plug into the HDMI port of your ordinary TV and turn it into a smart TV, almost instantly! Now with the combination of your mobile phone and your TV with a plugged in Chromecast, you can stream your favorite shows, movies, songs or any other content from your phone on the big screen of your TV. Start with a simple Chromecast setup and you are ready to go (read cast). Chromecast works with all the following devices:
- Android phones and tablets
- Mac and Windows laptop
- Chrome book
Chromecast Setup – How To
Features of Chromecast App:
- Make your ordinary TV, a smart TV: You do not have to buy a new TV to upgrade your entertainment source. Get Chromecast and make your ordinary TV, a smart TV.
- Affordable: You do not need a smart TV yes! And the Chromecast is so affordable you can buy one for every television in your house.
- Enjoy unlimited entertainment: One of the finest ways to enjoy your online content on a big screen, Chromecast lets you be in command. You can choose from a variety of content that ranges from movies, songs, TV shows, sports, games and much more. There are several apps that let you choose from paid content, free content, or the content with a subscription.
- Your phone, your Remote: Your phone becomes your best remote since you can control your TV with it, from anywhere in your home. You can also search content, browse and queue whatever you want to watch on your TV. Even while it is browsing, queuing and streaming your favorite content, the phone can be used simultaneously for other purposes as well without disrupting the content that is playing or draining its battery.
- Use Screen Mirroring from your android screen: You can turn your TV into a picture frame by streaming exactly what is on the screen of your Android phone or tablet. From your favorite photographs, videos, presentations to the social media sites, you can enjoy everything on a bigger screen now.
How to Setup Chromecast – Getting started:
Now that you know that Chromecast is one of the most affordable and easiest ways to stream your favorite content on your large screen, it’s time to get started with it. The process of Chromecast setup is simple as well as intuitive but still, if you get stuck somewhere, you can refer to the guide mentioned hereunder.
Pre-requisites for setting up Chromecast app:
- A Chromecast device
- A strong internet connection
- The Google Home app (latest version)
- A display device with HDMI port such as a high definition TV
- Access to a power outlet
- A phone or a tablet that is compatible, Mac, Chrome book or Windows
Chromecast Setup For an Android device:
- Make sure that your Android device (phone or tablet) and Chromecast are connected to the same wireless network.
- You can now plug in the Chromecast device.
- Use either of the Input, Source or Menu buttons to change the input on the TV until you see the Set me up card on the screen of your television. Switch between a few inputs (HDM1, HDM2 etc.) to find the correct one.
- Go to the Google Play Store of your Android device and download the Google Home app. You can also do the same by going to http://chromecast.com/setup on the Android device supported by Chromecast.
- Tap on ‘Devices’ that is visible on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap ‘Allow’ so that Google Home App can access the location of the device.
- Select the Chromecast you want to set up and then click on Set up> continue.
- The application will start to establish a connection with the Chromecast. If it fails to do so, you will have to move a little closer and tap on the option ‘Try again’. You can once again tap on the ‘Try again’ option if you are having any problem in reading the information provided in Chromecast.
- Once the Google Home App gets successfully connected to the Chromecast, you can click on ‘Continue’.
- Make sure that the code on your device is the same as the code you see on the television. Click on ‘I see the code’.
- Remember to change the default name of your Chromecast by editing it and changing it to something specific and unique. Clear the default name and type the new name.
- You must now select the wireless network that you will use to connect the Chromecast.
- If you want the device to automatically get the password for the network, you must click on OK. The password will be done in the field required for the password. But you must make sure that you have Android L or above if you wish to use the Auto fetch feature to get the password. Now you can also enter the password of the network manually and then click continue.
- Once the correct password has been provided, Chromecast will try and connect to the provided Wi-Fi network. If it fails to do so for any reason, click on Try again.
- At times the inbuilt chrome cast device requires an update. If this is the case, the update will start automatically and you will be notified once the update is complete. In case you feel that the update is taking longer than is expected, you can check for detailed information on the Chromecast updates that are easily available on several websites that are dedicated to Chromecast setup.
- When you see that the Chromecast device has connected to the wireless network, click on Continue.
- In case you have not signed into a Google account, click on Sign in. The signing in the process will let you enjoy a better Chromecast experience since you can personalize your features.
- Now click on ‘Allow email notifications’ so you can get all the information about latest offers, tips, and tricks on using Chromecast right in your mailbox. Then tap ‘Continue’.
- In case you are already signed into a Google account, you can skip the signing in process and directly click on ‘Allow email notifications’ and then click on ‘Continue’.
- Congratulations! Now you are ready to the Chromecast setup and ready to cast as well.
- In case you wish to watch and learn from a tutorial on how to cast, you should click on ‘Learn to cast’ or you can choose to ‘Skip’ the process and move straight to begin casting.
Chromecast Setup For iPhone and iPad:
When setting the Google Chromecast with an iPhone or an iPad, you will follow all the above steps in the same manner and order. There are a few additional steps that are to be performed post step 5. We mention those steps here:
5.1 The Google Home app will then ask the user to turn the Bluetooth on.
5.2 Tap on ‘Turn on Bluetooth’
5.3 It is highly recommended to turn on the Bluetooth since this will help to improve the setup process. There are two ways to turn on the Bluetooth. You can either swipe up the screen of your device to see the Bluetooth icon and turn it on straight from there. The second option is to go to the settings and turn on the Bluetooth toggle button there. You should then return to the Google Home app.
5.4 In case you do not want to use Bluetooth for the setup process, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the iPhone’s home button, then go to the IOS settings and then to the Wi-Fi.
- Look for the Wi-Fi network that is compatible with the Chromecast device and connect to it.
- Go back to the Google Home app, by now your device will be detected, you can tap on ‘continue’ now.
Once you have followed all the above steps, it’s time to get back to Step 6 above (Tap on ‘Devices’ that is visible on the top right corner of the screen) and start from there once again. Once you have finished following all the steps that are mentioned above, you are ready to the Chromecast setup for your iPhone and iPad as well. You can now enjoy unlimited online content on your TV!